[Translate to Laotian:] Participants of a SEAMEO CELL workshop
[Translate to Laotian:] Prof. Hinzen, regional director until February 2015 and Mr. Gartenschlaeger, current regional director, visit the SEAMEO regional center for lifelong learning in Vietnam.
[Translate to Laotian:] The SEAMEO Regional Centre for Lifelong Learning (SEAMEO CELLL) was established in 2012.
The Centre aims to cater for the regional needs in promoting lifelong learning and provide opportunities for cooperation in the field of lifelong learning among Member Countries and Associate Member Countries of the Southeast Asia Ministers od Education Organization (SEAMEO), help strengthen the relationship and increase mutual understanding among educational researchers, practitioners, and policy makers of the region, in a spirit of mutual respect and partnership.
A regional centre of excellence in research and training on lifelong learning, a regional forum for educational policy development on lifelong learning and a focal point for linkage among Southeast Asian, Asian and European countries to promote cooperation in lifelong learning.
(a) to conduct research on lifelong learning;
(b) to act as an information centre and consultation/service provider on lifelong learning; and
(c) to conduct training for lifelong learning managers, researchers and adult education managers
1. establishing and maintaining close cooperation with ministries/ departments in charge of lifelong learning policies, particularly with the ministries of education and ministries of labour in SEAMEO Members Countries;
2. promoting the concept and good practices of lifelong learning in SEAMEO Member Countries in order to widen participation in education and training in employment and civic life, and to combat exclusion and inequality in educational opportunities;
3. conducting joint research and comparative studies on lifelong learning, as well as research for policy making at national and regional levels;
4. disseminating knowledge by publishing books, international academic journals and operating a website in English;
5. organizing appropriate events serving the purpose of the Centre, including high profile conferences, seminars and workshops, flexible and tailor-made training courses, lifelong learning festivals and promotion of good practices;
6. facilitating, where necessary, policy learning among governments of SEAMEO Member Countries;
7. supplying, where necessary, expert consultancy, advice and support services on request;
8. maintaining close cooperation in the field of lifelong learning with relevant regional and international organizations; and
9. undertaking other activities as may be deemed necessary to realize the purpose of the Centre.
Address: 33C Lê Thánh Tôn, Bến Nghé Ward, District 1, Hồ Chí Minh city, Việt Nam Tel: 84 – 8 – 38246767 Fax: 84 – 8 – 38243304 Email: email@example.com